Friday, November 6, 2009

Puppet Show

It was a teacher work day, so I was at school, actually getting paid to do my report cards, while the rest of the family had some adventures.  A trip to a local wildlife museum somehow inspired the kids to build a puppet theater and put on a show for us.  I don't pretend to understand the mental path that leads from wildlife museum to puppet show, but I'm sure there is some logical sequence that took them from seeing live owls to scribbling on stray socks and taping dish towels to a box.
Clara and Trevor's plotlines tend to be rather choatic, and most shows are very improvisational, usually degrading into wild dancing, high-pitched shrieking, or both.  Still, I suppose I should film some of these, just in case one of the kids becomes famous some day. Footage would also come in handy for teenage blackmailing and/or bribery.

No comments: