Wednesday, June 30, 2010

28 workouts in 30 days!

I have the worst habit of either being completely on the exercise wagon, or else not even in the same time zone as the wagon. I have been this way forever. Moderation and I just don't have a good working relationship. Which brings me to my June pact with myself.

On May 31, I promised myself that I would work out every single day in June. And I (almost) did! I'm going to give myself credit for full completion of the pact, because I had very good excuses for not working out on June 8 (was busy cropping and mounting a total of 220 photos on certificates for my students until way past midnight), and June 24 (was away camping, and, to be fair, spent three hours running up and down sand dunes that afternoon). So, YAY! The wagon is back in town! The wagon is right here in our living room!

I should mention that my workout routine is kind of funny and, well, pathetic. This is what the scene looks like:The video (with sound muted) is (oh, so embarrassingly) a Susan Powter step workout from the nineties– maybe even the eighties...... and to the left (perched on an ottoman which is perched on a chair for better reception) you see Clara's radio (which I have to steal from her room after she falls asleep each night). The radio is tuned to (okay, this is so dorky I maybe shouldn't even say it) ....NPR (I know, right?), so I can listen to the BBC World Service while I step and jump and grapevine around. I usually get about halfway into Forum, and occasionally even stretch it out to All Things Considered. As crazy as it sounds, sweating to news and interviews is just the most fabulous way to wind down at the end of the day. And yes, we are paying members of our local station. :)So, there you have it. I feel fantastic, and I'm ready to take on July!

No comments: