Saturday, May 28, 2011

Garage Sale!

We've been stashing stuff in the garage for months and months, in bags and boxes labeled GARAGE SALE. If it had been left up to little ol' procrastinating me, the contents of those bags and boxes might never have seen the light of day. Lucky for me (and for the garage), Chad and Clara are both cut from the "Just Do It " cloth. These two lovely people did all of the organizing, pricing, sign-making, sign-distributing, setting up, and selling.
I, meanwhile, was cleaning the house, keeping Trevor occupied, and working on report cards (only because I would have felt guilty if I'd just been lounging, surfing the net, and sucking coffee). We ended up with over a hundred bucks, and the satisfaction of knowing that other folks are now enjoying our (former) stuff. Oh, and now I don't have to listen to Chad grouse (to put it nicely) about tripping over things in the garage. That's worth more than money....

No comments: