Friday, June 26, 2009

How we love you, Siskiyou

As attached as I am to technology, it was oh so nice to be away from the computer (and all of the other stuff that divides my attention at home) for five glorious days at Lake Siskiyou. This trip made a threepeat for us, and it was made even sweeter by the company of friends.
Here's the lot of us:

I'm a believer in a picture speaking a thousand words and all that, so, despite my best attempts at whittling down the massive lot of photos from our trip, I've still got the visual equivalent of twenty thousand words or so. Add Ariana and Dave's curly-haired darlings to our two cuties, and the week was one big, fat, exuberant Kodak moment.

Even though Chad is the Tetris Master when it comes to loading cars, we may just have the minivan talk before our next camping trip.

While we were still relatively clean, I thought a nice family shot was in order.

Fast friendships were made this week. Tons of adorableness.

Clara and Holly had a grand old time.

And Trevi fell in love with both Owen and Tessa.

There were hours and hours of campy time to enjoy the water, the view, and, shockingly, some long, uninterrupted conversations with some of the best people I know.
We've vowed to make this an annual event, which puts a huge smile on my face just thinking about it. I love these folks, and I love camping. What a fabulous week.

No comments: