Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blast from the past - Camping in 2006

I couldn't resist the urge to post a few pre-blog pics from way back in the summer of 2006, when we took our first camping trip to Lake Siskiyou. Car look familiar? I flat out refused to have the minivan talk back then. **Please note that Trevi is gnawing on Barbie's feet.
Clara was 5 1/2 and Trevor was two and change. It was on this trip that Trevor earned the nickname, "Wild Elf Beast" for his love of running around wildly and just generally being crazy and dirt-covered. Clara was having her last wild romp of a summer before heading to Kindergarten (I had forgotten how much I adored her short hair – she had just cut it herself ) –Oh, what the heck! Here's a picture of that:
A word to the wise: Don't leave your 5-year-old alone with green paint and scissors after watching Anne of Green Gables, unless you are fine with experimental coiffs. But I digress...

Camping three years ago:
I wonder if we can squeeze in another trip this summer......Pancakes taste better with a little grit.

No comments: