Monday, August 2, 2010

Cottage Country, stop one

Since we were in the neighborhood, we headed to Deb and Phil's cottage for a day and a night. It was heavenly. If I could build a teleportation device and move instantly through space, Deb and Phil are people I would drop in on constantly. I virtually never get to see them, and it was just lovely to sit lakeside with Deb and talk all afternoon. As a bonus, Jamie was visiting simultaneously, so we all got to hang out into the wee hours. The evening was full of raucous laughter, bad fake German, Balderdash, euchre, and even pisco sours. PISCO SOURS!!!! Talk about a blast from the past! (It made me tell my embarrassing story, Tara, about our night out in Cuzco before heading to Macchu Picchu in the morning. Do you remember that night?)

The kids, by the way, were instantly in love with the place. I think Clara found a kindred spirit in Maddie, and gosh darn if they don't look ridiculously alike.

The two of them earned some cash by selling us drinks and chips right there on the dock. (Since both are underage, they peddled the soft drinks only).

Trevor, meanwhile, had a blast with Sebastien, and got to go tubing for the very first time.

The wetsuit wasn't really necessary in the warm lake, but can you blame me for encouraging Trevi to try it on?

Actually, maybe the girls did serve some grown-up beverages, later in the evening....

Look at my nice friend.

And somehow this is the only picture I have of Phil, where his face is at all visible.

A short, but oh so sweet visit. Wish it could have been longer, but other cottages await.....

1 comment:

Tara and Dale said...

loving all these pics of friends with sweet, sweet kids. worried b/c i don't remember the story from cuzco. a hint perhaps?