Tuesday, December 14, 2010

School Projects

Trev constructed this sugar mansion at school today, and we demolished it for dessert.
As for my own class, there is no sugar-fest happening (mean teacher), but we are putting on a play about the ocean on Friday, so we've been busy making shirts for our costumes. We tie-dyed them in class, and my plan was for everyone to use acrylics to paint a picture of their sea animal on the front of their shirt. But then, I could feel a migraine coming on just thinking about three frantic days of acrylic paints with 25 first graders. So, I came up with a genius plan! The kids drew and colored the pictures on paper, and then I took photos of the pictures and printed them up on t-shirt transfers. I ironed them on the shirts, and, Voila! Twenty-five awesome t-shirts, and zero paint stains on my classroom carpet!
Why didn't this occur to me years ago??????

No comments: