Saturday, September 20, 2008

Strolling and Boating

Not a weekend goes by that doesn't involve at least one trip to school. I feel guilty. I feel like a rat of a parent. I just can't seem to squeeze all of my work into the work week, though. Asi es la vida, I guess.... Lucky for me, the kids actually enjoy going to my classroom. And while they don't exactly boost my productivity while we're there, they certainly boost my morale.

Today, Clara was at a birthday party/sleepover, so Trevi and I made the trek together. He decided to bring some friends.

The walk home on the weekends always takes an hour or so (it's a 5-minute walk) because one of the neighbors up the street chronically overwaters their lawn. While this is not a good thing for water conservation, it creates the perfect leaf-boat river.
And, since the neighbors are wasting all of that water, I am happy to report that our plants continue to thrive with only a sprinkling here and there. They are filling in nicely:
A really cool thing happened at school this week, too. A parent came up to me and started talking about how she'd been inspired to redo her front lawn after seeing this beautiful yard in the neighborhood.....and it turned out that she was talking about our yard!

No comments: