Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Favorite Salad

When we first moved to California, Chad and I used to eat out quite a bit. In retrospect, I suppose we should have started college funds or something. Oh well.
The first place we tried was a little cafe that immediately became our favorite haunt. Fresh, yummy food. I worked my way around the menu a bit, but always came back to this incredible salad with balsamic vinaigrette. It looks unassuming enough, but it's unbelievably good.
I rarely get to have my beloved salad anymore, since we've moved, but Chad was in our old neighborhood today and he picked one up for me. And, on the subject of generous husbands, Chad also won that cool bowl for me in a silent auction for Grassroot Soccer a few years ago.

Here's what the kids were up to while I was busy eating my humongous salad:
The marble run was an ebay score when Clara was a toddler, and it is one of those rare and beautiful toys that can keep both kids simultaneously entertained for long, peaceful stretches of weekend. I should mention, however, that Trevor eventually started rolling marbles on the ground, which was followed by flicking, at which point Clara started grabbing and hiding the flicked marbles, which didn't fly with Trevi, who tried to wrestle the marbles free from his sister's grasp. My last few bites of salad got soggy, since I had to intervene when flicking turned to flinging, and wrestling turned to tackling. The soggy salad was still delicious, though.

No comments: