Sunday, March 22, 2009

Partying

It makes me laugh to look at this little party spread, because I always make/buy EXACTLY THE SAME STUFF, no matter what the occasion (other than the fact that some parties include piña coladas and other libation). We've got all of the fruit and the whole grain-this-and-that going on, and I swear that kids who come to our birthday shindigs must think we're a bunch of weirdos. They might not be entirely wrong.

We did have pizza, though. Nice, greasy, kid-pleasing, cheap-o pizza.

Post-grease, we were thrilled to meet our very own Chadbot! Does he look familiar?

Chadbot wasn't nearly as menacing as he appears in this shot:

....although he did try to overtake the treehouse, while Clara and Andy played with a levitating orb. We're high-tech in these parts, let me tell you.
Twister! Right on! I'll be setting that aside for the next piña colada party...

Robie the Robocake had his moment in the spotlight:

But a big, grey cake can't hold a candle (or even five) to the most amazing boy in the universe:

One tiny glitch with the party was that I did an an absolutely lousy job of photographing the guests. I can't remember ever filling my camera with so much blur, or so many shots of people mid-word or mid-chew. I did, however, manage to snap one of Grampy Julius:

We sighed deep, contented sighs at the end of the day, and tucked our four-year-old into bed one last time.

No comments: