Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School!

I could go off on a tirade about how school should not start until after Labor Day, but, truthfully, we all had a nice, looong summer, and we are ready to start a new year.

Clara is old hat at this school thing by now. 3rd Grade. She wouldn't let me buy her new clothes for the first day –"Seriously, Mummy, the clothes I have are just fine!"– but we had to get her feet in something more substantial than flip-flops, so check out the new Chuckie T.s:

For Trevi, this was his first day of Kindergarten. Big day. And a big, cheesy smile to mark the occasion:
I am so proud of these two. They are such amazing people. And, as always, it's my greatest hope that they will continue to love learning.

As for me, I met my new batch of Kindergartners today. They are bursting with enthusiasm and imagination. It's going to be a fabulous year.

1 comment:

gomma said...

Clara is a girl after my heart when
she says that new clothes for school
are not all that important. What's this about Charley T's? They look like regular white tennies to me!

But new clothes or not, she looked
terrific color-wise... and with a
back pack to match!