Sunday, August 16, 2009

My turn to turn 40

40 has sounded kind of creepy to me, but now that it's here, I don't see a dramatic increase in laugh lines or liver spots. I'm okay with it. I don't have any desire to shop at Forever 21 anyway.

After a summer of not getting around to inviting people over for a barbecue, we finally did it on the 15th – the day before B-day. Although it was not supposed to be a birthday-related gathering, Chad spread the word and our friends surprised me with cake, cards, wine, and other goodies. Our combined gaggle of 10 children kept each other entertained while we adults soaked in one of the last summer evenings. It was a lovely birthday. And Chad surprised me with this:
It's my very own maple tree! A little piece of Canada in the backyard. Yay!

PS: My list of 40 things to do before turning 40 has been woefully neglected. So far, I've only completed 5, 6, 7, 9, 15, 23, 24, 34, 35, 37, and 39. I'll keep working on it.

3 comments:

Tara said...

um, please don't diss forever 21 patrons...kind of a big fan. :) took me years to get over the store name to walk inside and find lots of funky stuff. glad u r blogging again. might have to ration the posts.

Tara said...

you know i'm kidding, right? about the dissing, not about forever 21. i really do love that store!!!!

gomma said...

Dyann . . you are forever young in my
book! And the maple tree is perfect!