Thursday, August 6, 2009

Farewell to Nova Scotia

I uploaded these pics right away upon our return from Nova Scotia, which was on August 5th. As I write this, it is October 4th. Yep, that's two entire months of unblogged stuff. A record, even for me and my procrastinating self. I suppose I could blow off these two months entirely –Blogland will be just fine without them – but I really feel the need to pay homage to August and September. Good months, both of them. They deserve some attention.
So, my plan today is to sit here while Clara convalesces on the couch (some sort of fluish thing going around here), and go back to fill in a few details. Here I go......

Let's start with Nova Scotia.
It was just the kids and me this trip. In-flight TV is a gift from the gods.
We haven't done summer in Nova Scotia since 2005, so we took full advantage of woods and water. The weather was gorgeous, cousinish kids abounded, and Nana and Papa showed us a fabulous time.

A highlight of the trip was the scavenger hunt that Papa set up in the woods. Here you see the kids ready to set out (a sea of blonde, yes):

Trevor discovers the "Bear Den":
The elusive "Golden Pineapple":
And, the aftermath of all of that time outdoors - scratching and welts:
It was like summer camp, with better food, and no outhouses. Thanks, Nana and Papa! :)

1 comment:

gomma said...

A lovely vacation for thee cousins!