Saturday, February 4, 2012

Unseasonable

We've had a crazy non-winter around here. Hardly a minute of cold or a drop of rain. It's a bit scary to think about what's going on with our little earth and its climate. I worry about receding glaciers and encroaching desertification and evaporating seas and empty reservoirs and melting ice caps and swimming polar bears. I worry and worry. There's no rain in the forecast, and we're outside in t-shirts, frolicking around like it's summer. The problem is, I LOVE IT when it's sunny and warm in the middle of winter. So that explains why I'm plagued with guilt. The planet is falling to pieces, and I can't stop marveling (which overshadows even the worrying) at how gorgeous it is. Inner turmoil galore.

At least some places have snow.....and it's probably cold in polar bear territory at the moment...Right?

No comments: