Monday, October 6, 2008

The Kitchen

The Christmas before Clara's third birthday, Chad built her the coolest little kitchen. In the 4 1/2 years since, many delicious feasts have been prepared there, and kajillions of dishes have been washed. The kitchen has been the proud centerpiece of Clara's room for almost half a decade. Today, after years of waiting, Trevor finally became the head chef. The kitchen is now in his room. I asked Trev if he'd like to make me something for dinner, but he insisted on making a cookbook first. He drew and dictated the recipe for a strange concoction called "Chuckie Juns". The main ingredients are tomatoes, sugar, and ham. Innovative.

The chef autographed his book.

Then, he got to work on his tantalizing dish.

Trevi shared his secret recipe with Daddy.

But I think they misread the instructions....I don't remember reading anything about pouring water on the cat.
The Chuckie Juns was actually quite tasty. Let me know if you'd like the recipe.

1 comment:

Tara and Dale said...

ok, literally drooling on the other side of the world when looking at your kitchen! Trevor, I love your cookbook idea. Super creative!