Friday, January 30, 2009

Carbon Footprints

Chad gets a lot of packages. A lot. And most of the senders use gobs of bubble wrap. You'd think that people in the business of frequently packing and sending things would have switched over to materials like puffy stuff by now. But they haven't. So, we have enough bubble wrap in the garage to mail everything else in the garage. Trouble is, I feel guilty even using the stuff. It can't be recycled (although I have been known to stick some in the recycling bin from time to time, in the hopes that it sneaks by the recycling folks and gets melted along with all of the other plastic), and it can't stay in the garage forever. Plus, we just don't send that many packages. That's my defense for occasionally letting the kids tap dance on it.
Even with the environmental guilt, I just can't bring myself to deny my children the joy of popping.

1 comment:

gomma said...

Yeah team! I have come back from my
Elderhostel sojourn (900 miles) in
Sonora, Mexico and am happy to see all the stuff on Stuff!