Sunday, January 18, 2009

On A Clear Day

Apparently, it's possible to see Yosemite from the top of Mount Diablo. Today was a bit too smazy for that, but it was one heck of a nice view nonetheless.

Even with the thick windows, this still gave me the heeby jeebies.

On lovely weekends like this, it's hard not to wish away the school year.
Hiking got us all talking about camping, and dreaming about the adventures we'll have this summer. A good deal of the talk revolved around marshmallows.

I don't think we'll be summiting Everest any time soon, but we climbed a mountain!
Um, did I mention that there's a parking lot at the top? And that the car managed the 3,849 foot ascent without suffering from altitude sickness? :)

2 comments:

gomma said...

A great adventure and a warm-up of
things to come!

Popo and Nana and Gong Gong and Granda said...

Some of my most precious memories are of camping, hiking and exploring with the kids. You make me sit for a moment and remember again. Thanks.