Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Ahhhhh, how nice that Easter was so far away from Trevi's birthday this year. Much better. The only bummer today was that Chad had to leave before sunrise to catch a flight, so he didn't get to see how unbelievably cute the kids were being as they searched for eggs this morning. I filmed the whole event....except that my computer informs me that it is too full, and can't eat another byte (how could I possibly resist that one), so I can't post any video until I've done some spring cleaning.
The Easter Bunny, knowing that the kids were heading for Disneyland this week, brought them a bunch of, well, personal hygiene items. Trevi found an egg with hand wipes and travel shampoo.
They got some travel toothpaste, toothbrushes, and bandaids, along with the usual stickers, cereals, and semi-nutritious snack items. One new thing the Bunny did this year was to hide a few clues inside eggs, which sent the kids running to rooms that are usually left un-egged, to find the big ticket items: toiletry bags and disposable cameras!!! Even though I am adding these excessive exclamation points with a smidge of sarcasm, I can honestly say (and I have video proof) that the kids were genuinely excited about their haul.
Post hunt, we headed over to Grammy and Grampy's for lunch (and more egg seeking) with the gang.
Clara didn't take the bunny ears off the entire day. Cute, cute, and more cute.
It felt weird to drive home alone, as Clara and Trevi got ready to leave for Disneyland with Grammy and Grampy. I sense a change of ears in Clara's near future.

No comments: