Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lazy Rainy Saturday Pics

This bag is not a toy:
It's not a toy, that is, unless you use a straw to blow it up, and then zip it closed. Then, it can be a soccer ball, a trampoline for stuffed cats, a "breath and saliva collector", or a pillow.


Room with a view:
Um, ya, maybe I should close the blinds on that window.



Everything is an instrument:
Including nasty old brass outlet plates.


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:
Why the sad, pouty look on Trevor's face, you ask? Well, he wanted to make a painting, so I pulled out this old plate to be his canvas. It was originally going to be part of the plate wall,
but I decided that I really didn't like the look of it. Here's how the conversation went:
Me: "Trevi, you can paint this whole plate however you want!"
Trev: "Why to you want me to paint over these beautiful flowers?"
Me: "Well, I don't really like the design too much, so I thought you'd like to make your own design."
At this point, Clara called me into the other room. When I came back, Trevor was gone. So was the plate.
I found him, teary-eyed, sitting in the living room.
Me: "What's the matter, Manny?"
Trev: "Mummy, please don't make me paint over these pretty, pretty flowers. It would be so sad if this beautiful design was gone forever."
Can't argue with that, right?
I told him that he didn't have to paint over it, and that no one else would, either. But he carried that thing around the house with him all morning, just to be safe.

No comments: