Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wodr Bloons

Trevi has been petitioning to play water balloons for the past few weeks, and I've been putting him off. Today, I woke up to a special message on our kitchen white board:
Now, even if Trevi weren't ridiculously cute already, the phonetic wrap-around writing (with mirror-image bloon) would make me do anything for him. I dug the balloons out of their hiding spot in the laundry room, and we had a grand old time.

First, the kids terrorized each other:

Then, they "washed" the windows:
I actually got wetter than both children and windows combined, since filling up those bursty little latex monsters is no small feat. It was quite a laugh, though. Wet fun.
(ETA: I found a little funnel-spout thingy at the Dollar Spot at Target that is designed specifically for this task, and will keep me dryish while filling water balloons in the future.)

2 comments:

Apryl Kuhn said...

Love it! Awesome illustrations, too.

gomma said...

Filling water balloons was something
that never occurred to me when raising five kids. Go! Dyann!