Saturday, February 5, 2011

On a Roll

Pardon the painting pun, but we really, truly are on a roll with the painting – Clara's room just a couple of weeks ago, and today the office.

We have lived with this nasty baby blue room (yucko) since we moved in four years ago. It was actually the cats who convinced us to finally get around to painting the room. They let us know that we should tear out the very absorbent carpet, and replace it with laminate flooring. And in order to remove carpet, you have to take out all of the furniture, so it's impossible to pass up the opportunity to paint.

Since Chad is the main occupant of the office, he got to pick the color. He went with a deep blue that is really close to what we used in two of the bedrooms in our old house. It's a great color – really happy and lively. As I worked, it took me back to the weekends I spent painting just before Trevor was born. I wish I still had that maternity shirt, decorated with the colors of our old house. I was enormous, waddling up and down the ladder, and I probably shouldn't have been breathing in all of those fumes, but I knew that our house would stay beige forever if I didn't get it done before baby #2 arrived.

My current painting shirt is starting to get pretty colorful, too (a perfect complement to these fancy old PJ bottoms). Don't I look snazzy? Painting a room with a concrete slab floor is completely awesome, by the way. No stressing about drips. No tripping over tarps. I loved it.I'm a really good painter. Wish I knew how to install laminate flooring. Also wish I knew how to keep cats from peeing all over the place.

No comments: