Monday, May 19, 2008

Favorite Words and other Trevi Things

These thoughts have been kicking around in my head for awhile, so I thought I'd better write them down before they get displaced by an annoying song or a movie plot or something...

Trevi has a few words that he likes to include in virtually every conversation lately:
actually
accidentally
startled
delicate

Rats! An annoying song (from The 3 Piggy Opera) is keeping me from remembering some of the words I wanted to include here. They'll come to me eventually, and I'll edit.

Trevi spontaneously made some acrostic books the other day. The first had a page for each letter of his name, and read:
T: Tears
R: Rope
E: Ocean (I know, I know)
V: Vehicle
O: Oatmeal
R: Rope

The sequel was about Clara:
C: Key
L: Leak
A: Apple
R: Rail
A: Actually
The illustration for, "Actually" was a picture of me with an open mouth. Trevi said I was saying, "Actually, we're going to have Bocas for dinner".

Speaking of dinner, Trevor always likes to compliment the chef (I use the term, 'chef' in its loosest sense) when he's eating a meal. If I've cooked some pasta, for instance, he says, "You're a good cook, Mummy."
Last week, when Chad made him a sandwich for lunch, he said, "Daddy, you're a good make."

Okay, I remembered that I wanted to include a few of the past tenses that he still hasn't quite figured out. I love these:

goed
keeped
builded
teached
runned
drawed

Now I just have to be sure that I don't let these go uncorrected long enough that he crosses the line from sounding like a cute 4-year-old, to sounding like L'il Bush.

No comments: