Friday, May 30, 2008

One Strategy for Photographing Unwilling Cats

When I got up this morning, I found Trevor sitting on his green stool, with an interesting arrangement of toys, books, and videos beside him. He told me that it was a cat trap. His plan was to trap one of the cats so that I could take a cat-and-boy picture.
I did what any compulsive blogger would do, and immediately reached for my camera. As I took this picture, Trevi was busy telling me that I wasn't supposed to take the picture yet, because the trap was still empty.

The book perched on top of the yellow dump truck is about a talking dog named Martha. Trevi particularly likes one part of the story involving a parrot, which is, I believe, what led him to make the following comment today:

"You know, Mummy, if I talked to a parrot and said, 'My favorite color is green. What's yours?', then the parrot would say, 'My favorite color is green. What's yours?', and then I would have to say, 'My favorite color is green. What's yours?', and the parrot would say the same thing again, and we would never be able to stop talking. Isn't that amazing?"

I guess it's time to get him some Escher posters.

No comments: