Friday, May 2, 2008

Garage Sale

After school today, we were hanging out in the garage as Chad packed up the car for his trip (Wildflower Triathlon this weekend). Clara, our young capitalist, asked if we could have a garage sale. I told her that we'd have to wait until the summer. So, she and Trevor started to have a "garage sale" of their own. They were each snacking on a bowl of dry cereal (Corn Bran, to be exact), and began selling individual pieces to each other. It was more of a fair trade than a sale, really, because they just exchanged equal, or almost equal quantities back and forth. Good thing they both share the same cold already.
I have been having so many of those moments lately where I look at Trevor and see such a big kid. There is hardly any babyness left. I remember going through the same thing with Clara when she was his age, and now that she has those big teeth, she has leapt forward again. Remind me not to watch Fiddler on the Roof anytime soon, because I don't think I can handle, "Sunrise, Sunset".

No comments: