Thursday, February 12, 2009

Coconut Milk

I had to run to the grocery store after school today to get the last of five "Secret Valentine" gifts. Why, oh why do I sign up for these things? This particular week has been completely devoid of time and money. So, my poor SV is now the proud owner of everything that my regift bin had to offer. Nice, useful regifts, mind you. But still...

I figured that for the final shebang, I should give my Valentine something picked out just for her (especially since the last remaining item in the regift bin is a Nine West purse – a bit over the top for Secret Valentine) Which brings me back to the grocery store.

It was a pretty typical trip to the store. The kids were having a no holds barred annoy-each-other contest, and I was tempted to attach each of them to a few dozen heart-shaped mylar balloons, in the hopes that they would float off to opposite corners of the store.

Instead, I steered clear of all of the helium canisters and headed to aisle six to get some pasta. Trevi happened to notice a can of cream of coconut, which prompted the following question:

"Mummy, do they have cows in Hawaii, or does everyone just drink coconut milk?"

No comments: