Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sweet

Lots of sweet stuff going on around here. For one, we baked up a batch of Snickerdoodles.
And the sweet goes beyond cookies!
After a long search to find the perfect poem for a class project, Clara came upon this one:

The Rainbow

Boats sail on the rivers,
And ships sail on the seas;
But clouds that sail across the sky
Are prettier than these.

There are bridges on the rivers,
As pretty as you please;
But the bow that bridges heaven,
And overtops the trees,
And builds a road from earth to sky,
Is prettier far than these.

~Christina Rossetti

Not an earth-shattering poem, to be sure, but what got me was Clara's thoughtful, gentle reading of it, followed by her exclamation, "Oh, those words sound so beautiful!"

And finally, some sweet from Trevor:
As he was getting ready for bed, he suddenly ran out, grabbed my hand, and ran me back to his room. He said, "Mummy, I want you to listen to this song with me!" It was Danny's Song.
Trevi sat in my lap as we listened, and he said, "This song is so good, because it's about love."
Sweet.

No comments: