Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Report Card Time

This neglecting-the-blog habit is getting worse and worse. I should be able to forgive myself, though, considering the neverending stack of papers that scream, "Grade us! Grade us!" as I sit here, minding my own business. If I put on my Pollyanna hat, I suppose I could say that Report Card time forces me to catch up on anything that's been scrunched in the bottom of my school bag for a month. But Pollyanna would have taken an occasional break to eat a slice of watermelon and sing "America the Beautiful" (oh, how I longed to be Hayley Mills).
I have been working too much. Way too much. But I can't think these thoughts for more than a moment, otherwise I fear I'll jinx myself and get laid-off. Unemployment would give me lots of time for blogging, but I'd have to hock the computer.
And crown thy good with brotherhood and funding for public education....