Monday, January 11, 2010

Clara's birthday is a palindrome this year! 01-11-10!

Here is our beautiful girl in all her nine-year-old splendor. Holy crow. Nine is such a big number.
I heard a program on NPR about six-word memoirs. What a nice idea for those of us who can afford to be a bit less wordy. Break us down into tidy little packages of six. And, heck, I can think of plenty of six-word sets that, while not exactly memoirs, could have been written (and have often been uttered) by our fabulous, nine-year-old Clara. Piece of (birthday) cake!
Here is six-word Clara:

• I can get a soccer scholarship.
• I need to organize my stuff.
• Do I sound like Taylor Swift?
• I should do my homework first.
• Lots of third graders have ipods!
• I'd like another bowl of cereal.
• Get out of my room, Trevor!!
• Please let me finish this chapter.
• I love when friends come over.
• Let's snuggle on the couch tonight.
• But I didn't even touch him!
• Come on, Trevi, let's make something.
• Can I go on the computer?
• This was the best day ever!

Clara will have to give the six word memoir concept a try. I bet she can rock six words like nobody's business. We are so proud of you, Honeybun. Happy Birthday!

No comments: