Sunday, January 3, 2010

Construction/Destruction

It was a constructive day, in the most literal sense.  It started with an animal hotel, made with the cool magnets from Gomma.

Chad camped out in the garage for a few hours and whipped up a bench and a bookshelf.

Meanwhile, back in the livingroom, Trevor created some kind of crushing device.  He methodically lined up things to be crushed, like, yeah, those same magnets from this morning. There's a fine line between construction and destruction around here.

His contraption worked perfectly.

After dinner, Clara got in on the action.  The contraption was dubbed, "The Crushinator" (no doubt a result of the fact that Chad and I have been letting them watch non-stop Phineas and Ferb every morning during vacation while we sleep in – totally, TOTALLY, love this show, BTW) and it crushed like a charm.


It's funny what vacation does to you.  I mean, I'm a person who loves my job.  I get a lot of satisfaction from teaching, and I love hanging out with my students.  Tonight, though, there is no part of me that wants to get up at 6:30, make myself presentable, and say goodbye to the two most fabulous kids in the universe (and their awesome dad) to go back to work.  But I will. And it will be fine.  I'll have a great day, even, and the kids will love being back at school, and we'll all have lots to talk about at dinner. Isn't vacation wonderful, though?  Sigh.  This sure was nice.  
(And I got all caught up on blog posts since Thanksgiving!)

1 comment:

gomma said...

Dyann! You make my day when I read
your charming blogs. Keep 'em
comming!