Saturday, May 1, 2010

Um, more inventions and reading

It's completely impossible to avoid blogging about Trevor's inventions and Clara's books.  It is what it is. Our life is full of these two elements every single day.  

I'll start with Clara.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid is brain candy for pre-tweens.  I find the books pretty darn funny, actually, and they've given Clara writer's itch.  Which is neat, because that's the exact same thing that happens to me when I read a book that feels smooth and easy. They just make me want to write and write.  I hope Clara picks up her pen and dives in.

Today's invention is super cool, but also super hard to describe. It's a Hot Wheels track that goes under a scaffold of Tinkertoys, with a sort of pendulum hanging down.  When the car races down the track, it hits the pendulum just so, which knocks a second car down onto the track. This one involved great amounts of fiddling with physics.
Nature + Nurture = Children who are freakishly like us, only smarter and cuter.

No comments: