Friday, November 12, 2010

Odds and Ends

I meant to document the seasonal stages of my little maple tree (that Chad game me for my 40th birthday), but I forgot to take a picture of it in all its autumn glory. Luckily, I remembered just before it lost its last two leaves.
The mulberry trees are dumping theirs as well, and Trev tried to make a jumping pile today. I think he'll have to wait a bit longer.
Monopoly is the game of choice these days, and we all got in on the action this afternoon. Clara and Chad bought up most of the board, while Trevor's main goal was (and always is) to acquire Boardwalk and Park Place, and build hotels. It's amazing what this game will do for a kid's number skills. And reading, for that matter. I just wish we could finish a game in less than 47 hours.
The cats all hung out in the front room with us while we played, and gosh darn it if the three of them aren't starting to look like they belong together.

No comments: