Friday, June 24, 2011

I Heart Monday Mamas

Somehow (um, due to procrastination, lagging, and I-have-no-real-excuse) I didn't blog about the amazing Monday Mamas 10th Anniversary party back in April.

Who are the Monday Mamas, you ask? Well, way, way back when Clara was born, I fell in with a fabulous group of new mothers who met once a week at Kaiser to commiserate and celebrate one another during those crazy, wonderful, newborn days. There were 25 women altogether, and the group evolved over time, becoming a network of support, excursions, activities, and friendship. Monday Mamas is the stuff that chick lit is made of. There actually are a couple of novelists in the group....maybe they could put something together....

Anyway, my involvement has been practically nil over the past few years, what with work, and living a bit further away from Mama Central, but I really, really must make time this year to join in the fun. Serious fun to be had with these women (oh, and the kids aren't so bad, either). :)

Today's MM event was bittersweet, as it was a farewell party for my lovely friend, Cindy, who is en route to Phoenix(ish) as we speak.Good thing you're so cool Cindy!

No comments: