Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pierced Ears and Parfaits!

After a long bike ride around town this afternoon, excited bike-rider girl and I went to the mall for some piercings.....

It didn't hurt nearly as much as Chad had tried to convince her it would. (His exact words, if I remember correctly, were, "I used to have earlobes all over the top of my head, and I got them all pierced simultaneously, causing me to scream in pain, as blood squirted out from all of the holes.")
The whole thing was a piece of cake. (Even for me, what with having to watch my little girl constantly growing up and all...)
Then, since Abercrombie is the latest word that 10-year-olds want written across their chests, we hit the sale rack for some new t-shirts. Capitalizing on her special moment, Clara even convinced me to get a bag from the store, instead of using one of the green bags I carry around in my cavernous purse. (Because it would be oh, so much cooler to carry an Abercrombie and Fitch bag around the mall, see?) But this bag kind of freaks me out: Abercrombie Kids? Seriously? The marketing team decided this would be an appropriate photo for the Abercrombie Kids bags? Creepy. Another thing about the bag is that the paper is so thick, I swear it's made from the fibers of 17 trees. Next time we go to the mall, which hopefully will be in 2016 or so, I'll just make her bring this same bag with her. At least by then she'll be a teenager carrying around a half-naked guy. And no more trees will die in the service of helping him flaunt his glistening chest.

In the summer treats department, we have become obsessed with fruit and yogurt parfaits since school ended. I seriously don't know how this completely delicious and easy breakfast/lunch/snack/dessert/even dinner has never before occurred to me. It was Trev's idea, actually. Nice going, Trevi!
I think I might eat one of these every single day until September.

1 comment:

Tara and Dale said...

both laughing and freaking out about the bag story. i do love how it must have rocked your green world to agree to the half-clad bag boy. sweet mom you are to do that!