Sunday, January 22, 2012

A rainy/lazy Sunday

The girls rolled out of bed shortly after eight this morning, and we had them all pancaked-up and ready to head home by ten. This party gets an A+. Clara has such lovely friends. Lovely girl, lovely friends, I guess.
Chad went off to do some football watching today, so the kids and I finally wrote our thank-you notes for Christmas gifts, and then we puttered around the house in various ways.

Trev and I disassembled about twelve Lego space vehicles in order to stockpile gray bricks for castle building, and Trev began construction of the portcullis that will restrict entry to said castle. Full disclosure here- I had never heard of a "portcullis" before this little castle project began. Now, I'm a full-fledged portcullist.
And then I decided that it was about time I learned to use the photo stitch program with my camera, so that I can take panoramic shots. I'll need to venture into the great out of doors to actually experiment with this cool feature, but for now here's the kitchen, as panorama'd as I could make it:

Tomorrow's the start of the Chinese New Year, so I'm thinking it might be a good day to squeeze in a long workout, instead of sitting around eating leftover cake.

No comments: