Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine Central

Clara has been busily working on valentines for over a week. I'm amazed by the time and care that she puts into projects like this. She places a huge value on effort. I love that about her. Every kid in her class gets a one-of-a-kind creation, lovingly crafted, with a personal message. The only drawback is that it takes a long time to make cards for 19 kids and a few teachers. A looooong time. She is a determined girl, though. Being the generous and helpful sister that she is (most of the time), Clara helped Trevor with his Valentines, too. Since organization is her forte, she was sure to write a list of names for him to copy, then teach him how to cross each name off the list after he had finished that card. He is just learning to print his name, and I love watching the concentration it takes for him to form each letter. Bet you can find the three teacher names on these cards...
Clara worked way past her bedtime tonight, finishing up for the big day tomorrow. As she laid these out for me to take a picture, she said, "I hope that all of my friends will appreciate my hard work!" I hope they will, too, honeybun.

No comments: