Monday, November 10, 2008

Another Haircut

I have become quite the hairstylist of late. Trevi is my best customer. His hair grows so fast that I have a suspicion he somehow shares genetic material with those yellow Zeds who need a haircut every day.
Today was chilly, so we went with a blanket instead of a towel. As I snipped, Trevi suddenly called out, "Wow! Do you realize something, Mummy?" I asked him what I was supposed to realize. And this is what he told me:
"I was just thinking about telephones, and do you realize that a telephone isn't a plant or an animal or a rock or the ground or something?????" (I told him that I did, in fact, realize that.) "So that means that somebody invented the telephone! Can you believe that???? Somebody actually thought of the idea to make a thing to let you talk to people far away! Isn't that cool???? That's a really great invention!"
So, congratulations, Mr. Bell. Trevor likes your work.

No comments: