Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ornaments

Our tree has been assembled for a week or so, but Report Cards and Parent-Teacher Conferences have kept my holiday spirit at bay. Now, it's back with bells on. And today, to the sound of Karen Carpenter singing Ave Maria and Sleigh Ride, we decked the halls.
I hope that Clara and Trevi grow up to be as sentimental about ornaments as I am. Each little shoe box holds so many stories.

My treasured favorites are really too numerous to list here, but the oldest ornament on the tree, and my favorite from childhood, is this elf on a swing:

My grandma bought this stained-glass angel from the hospital gift shop during my grandpa's last Christmas. Memories galore in this beauty.

I've always loved the paper clip blades on these little skates my Auntie Edna knit 30 odd years ago.

And one that just joined our collection last year: Peace on Earth.
And let it begin with me.

1 comment:

Tara and Dale said...

ok, you have me in tears. my family is one with boxes of sweet stories in ornaments as well. my mom will love this post. :)