Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The House

One thing I've always wanted to do is have an Advent Calendar of sorts that is filled with 25 activities we could do together as a family in December.  Originally, I planned to sew or build or somehow create my own calendar, but, when that didn't seem to be happening, I went the consumer route and bought this cute house.  Behind each door is a slip of paper with our special activity for the day.  I put all kinds of stuff in there – walks and drives to look at lights, baking, card-making, crafty stuff, and even a Christmas movie or two.  One of the things I love about this little system is that it forces me to follow through with the activities, no matter how much grading or shopping or laundry I have to do.  Family comes first.  I should probably get one of these puppies for every month of the year.

No comments: