Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tahoe!

Chad and I spent our Honeymoon in Tahoe, and I've only been here one other time in the almost eleven years that we've lived in California.  Tisk tisk.  Shame on me.  I hereby vow to come here more often.  What an incredible place.

Rachel and Andy invited us up to frolic in the snow with them, and it's impossible to turn down an invitation to frolic with Rachel and Andy. :)  

The last time I went skiing was twelve years ago, with a fifteen-year lag before that.  So, this was my second time in 27 years.  And I stayed on my feet!
Clara and Trevi had never once even laid eyes on a pair of skis before, so we enrolled them in ski school for the day.  Heh heh.  Yes, it is possible to be responsible, safety-minded parents and get a kid-free day on the slopes at the same time!

We peeked in on our cuties after lunch (who, Rachel said, reminded her of the scrubbing bubbles from that commercial).  They were starting to look like pros.
Many, many parts of me are hurting right now, but it is the kind of good pain that makes me glad we drove over the summit in a snowstorm, in the dark, without chains, with a carsick kid, to get here.  Love it. 

No comments: