Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out with the old

Making room for the influx of new stuff is always a challenge after Christmas.  Recently, Clara's room has become more clogged than ever, with her baskets, drawers and closet bursting at the seams.  I know that I can always convince her to part with a few things if I appeal to her love of organization.  My main problem is that I really don't want her to give away anything she isn't ready to part with, especially if it happens to be something that keeps her from growing up too fast.  Today, when I tossed out the idea of taking out her Barbie house to make room for a small dresser, she jumped at the chance.  She even wanted to get rid of all (but two) of her Barbies, and their substantial wardrobes.  We know a family with two little girls, and the acreage to support the Barbie mansion, so I tried not to be too sappy and nostalgic as I posed Clara for one last picture with a long-beloved home.

Trevi has enjoyed it, too.
Sentimentality aside, I think the Barbies will enjoy the change of pace, and they'll probably get to socialize a lot more.

No comments: