Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Trevor's money collection

When I got home today, Trevi had a fistful of change. Sure, his fist isn't all that big, but he still had a good dollar or so crammed in there. I asked him why he was holding so much money, and he said it was for his money collection.
"Your money collection?"
"Yes, I collect money."
"Where do you find the money for your collection?"
"All over the house. One was on top of the dryer. One was under the couch. Some was in Clara's room."
"You went into Clara's room and took money?"
"Yes, because that's how you make a collection. You take the money and you put it in your hand or in your room and then it starts to become yours."

Of course I made him give it back, but I can't help loving the earnest explanation for his sudden accumulation of wealth. I've got to get him working on some legal strategies for making other people's money start to become his. Then maybe he can collect some money for all of us.

No comments: