Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

From day one, I have made sure that Clara and Trevor know that they are half Canadian. They get very excited about celebrating Canada Day and Canadian Thanksgiving, and we often have gatherings on these special occasions, forcing our friends to dress in red and white. This Canada Day was pretty low-key, but we did enjoy our second annual batch of Canada Day shirts from cousins Martin and Isabelle (thanks Ash and Pierre!), and we feasted on pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast. Even though I have abandoned Canadian spellings (which is only because I teach American children), and I think of temperature in Fahrenheit, I have always been, and will always be, 100% Canadian. I have a bit of work to do with the kids, though. When Clara started to sing, "O Canada" this morning, it was to the tune of "O Christmas Tree." Oops. I'll get right on that.

I want to send out a special Canada Day hello to Uncle Bryan, who is on ship in the middle of the Arabian Sea right now. We wish you smooth sailing home, Bry, and hope you'll sail our way again soon!
http://www.singforcanada.ca/o_canada.mp3

No comments: