Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Trouble right here in RIF City

With a capital 'T' and that rhymes with 'P' and that stands for Pink.

I understand the history behind the name, "Pink Slip", and I totally get that we don't need carbon copies anymore, but I think it would be cool if they could print the things up on pink paper just for the heck of it. It would be more colorful. Slightly less crappy.
For some reason, I had it firmly in my mind that I got an initial RIF notice last year, and was subsequently saved before the May 15th deadline.  I looked back in the blog, though, and discovered that I never actually got RIFfed.  I guess I just felt RIFfed, because of being displaced and all that.  In any case, I was not so lucky this time. And, apparently, there are 21,000 other teachers in the state of California who feel my exact pain.  That is sick. SICK.  
Man, the cash they could have saved on the paper alone....
So, I'm a teensy bit concerned about the future, and am practicing uttering the phrase, "Would you like fries with that?"

No comments: