Friday, April 25, 2008

Trevi was on a roll today

Living in our house is a bit like being trapped inside an opera, as both Chad and I tend to sing things that, in the real world, are usually just spoken. Chad, for instance, loves to make up little ditties about being stuck in traffic, Clara rewrites pop hits to fit any situation, and Trevor makes up rhyming songs about his food. As for me, I just sing whatever thought is circling in my head. Today, when Trevor informed me that he was heading for the bathroom, I sang a line or two about that - something to the effect of, "It's time to go to the bathroom, and don't forget to close the door..." Trevi said, "Mummy, you can't sing about the bathroom! That's a privacy song, and I want you to delete it!" These 21st century kids....

Later on, I noticed that Trevor's nose needed to be blown, so I called him over. He said, "That's okay, I can just suck everything back into my nose." I told him that wasn't a good idea, because it would go into his throat. We chatted about this for awhile, and he talked through his understanding of the anatomy of the whole thing. Then he said,
"Isn't imagination so cool?"
"Yes, it is. What makes you say that?"
"Well, I can't see my throat and inside my nose with my eyes, but I can see it with my imagination. It's cool that your imagination can see things that your eyes can't even see!"

No comments: