Saturday, June 21, 2008

Blame it on digital photography

I just can't help myself. I see something cute. I grab the camera. I take pictures until the memory card is full or I get badly splashed and fear for the camera's safety. I've gone a bit overboard, I know. But all of these little stories would fall through the cracks otherwise.

Here is today's little story, saved from its descent through the aforementioned cracks:

We're just swimming around, and Trevi decides that he'd like to build a waterfall. He wants to get a bunch of pots and stack them on the lawn, all the way up into the tree, and then hang the hose down from a big branch. Great plan, but a bit too water-wastey, so I manage to convince Trevi that his marble-run tubes would carry water nicely. Add the dish drainer mat thingy to direct the flow back into the pool, and ta-dah! A waterfall!


When Livingston stumbled upon Victoria Falls, he could not have been more thrilled than this.


Trevi bypasses the marble run and just dumps the water straight onto the mat.


Clara gets in on the fun. She thinks the Barbies might like to ride the rapids and plunge off the falls.


Barbies and Ken swim around for a bit.


While Ken practices high-dives, the Barbs hang out in their boat.


Trevor knows that Ken is the thrill-seeker of the bunch. He lets Ken become one with the waterfall.


Eventually, the Barbies decide that they'd like to put their cocktail dresses back on, and Ken gets kicked out of the community pool for dangerous acrobatics and indecent exposure. So it's time for a treat.
We savor our first batch of homemade smoothie popsicles. Four thumbs up. Did I mention how much I love summer?

No comments: