Friday, June 20, 2008

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy

Summer is a great thing. It's wonderful to see it stretched out in front of us, a sparkling parade of nowhere to be and no reason to blow-dry your hair. Corn-on-the-cob and sprinklers. Popsicles and sidewalk chalk. I love it. And I love watching Clara and Trevor soak up every moment of this never-ending weekend.
Trevor can swim now, which is so, so exciting, and really incredibly cute. He was just starting to go floatie-less at the end of last summer, but it took him a few times in the pool this year to get his confidence back. And back it is. Yay, Trev! The only problem is that he swallows gallons of water, because he can't seem to stop smiling while he swims.

I should also mention that Clara is almost as excited as I am about having a piano. Here you see her playing a random show tune, "Promises, Promises", from a random book I found, while Trevor, disguised as Bendy the flamingo, builds some sort of structure in the foreground. Oh, and by "playing", I mean that she is shouting out the lyrics in a vaguely musical way, while hitting the same single piano key over and over again, keeping perfect time with her shouting.
Trevi is pretty meh about the whole piano thing, which is fine by me. One's ears can really only take so much. My Alfred's Level One Basic Adult Piano book, by the way, is en route from Amazon.com as we speak. D'ya think all this blogging is helping to make my fingers more nimble?

No comments: