Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Usually we love restaurants...

Let me just preface this by saying that I do not have time to be blogging. Ever. No time to be doing anything optional, except for that wonderful, optional activity called "Getting a good night's sleep".
And that, my friends, explains my increased dependence on caffeine lately; I have been stealing some of my negotiable time from sleep, and dropping it off here.

Today we decided to go out to dinner, because we just couldn't bear the thought of cooking anything, and you have to eat, right? So we headed off to Chili's, with smiling children in tow. They love restaurants. At restaurants, we don't make them eat vegetables. After all, going without broccoli once a month isn't going to lead to a bad case of anemia or scurvy or anything.
Aren't you so proud of me that I have taken two pictures of myself in two days? This photo cracks me up for several reasons, but the funniest thing is that everything went downhill from this smiling moment. Our table became home to cranky kids, cranky parents, sub-par food (not that we expect big things from Chili's), cranky kids being overly dramatic about their crankiness, cranky parents thinking about how they wasted forty bucks on this???? So, ya, not a fabulous night. Even a visit from Brain Man and Mad Guin couldn't bring cheer.
In all fairness, they actually were really tired. Clara was asleep by 7:15, and Trevor only held out a few minutes longer. So tonight, I don't need to steal time from my own sleep. These few extra minutes of evening were a generous donation from the kids. Of course, I really need to transfer the funds to my report cards.

No comments: