Thursday, June 19, 2008

Camping!

Since I had to spend the bulk of this week packing up and moving my classroom (as well as doing other boring work that I will spare you the yawn-factor of describing here), Chad took the kids camping for a few days. They tried out a new spot called Clear Lake, which is 3 hours closer to home than our usual camping place. And since Clara starts to complain of feeling ill after about 2 hours in any vehicle, closer is better.

I must admit that it was a huge bummer for me to see them go. Sounds insane, I know, and normally I would relish a few days of alone time. It's just that camping is usually a family affair. I didn't really want to be stuck here with the drudgery, while my clan was off getting dirty and eating s'mores without me. Oh, the guilt of being so unappreciative of a quiet house and three sleep-ins!

But enough self-pity. I got my work done, and they had a blast. The proof is in the pics:
Kudos to Chad for pulling it off. Camping is fun, but it is also work. And 1 adult + 2 kids = more work than fun. I'll be happy to help adjust the work/fun ratio when the four of us hit the woods in August.

No comments: