Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pliano!

We are now the proud owners of a real, live piano!!!! Or, as Trevi calls it, a "pliano". Mollie is moving to a condo, so she offered us the piano that's been in Chad's family for years. I can't express my joy. Seriously. I was all teary-eyed in front of the piano movers (who, by the way, were not at all the linebacker types I expected). I have wanted to learn to play the piano for most of my life. Since my mom is a piano teacher, she tried to teach me to play when I was a kid. Let's just say that Clara gets her stubbornness from me. I was not a gem of a student, and my mother eventually decided that it wasn't worth the screaming matches. As I recall, the camel's-back-breaking argument was about practice time. My mother suggested that I would do better if I practiced more, and I insisted that I was already practicing for hours every single day. Her reply, understandably, was, "Dyann, we live in the same house. Unless you can turn yourself invisible and play the piano silently, then I can say with 100% certainty that you are not practicing." So, I was not a child prodigy, and I didn't become a world famous concert pianist. But now, finally, I am going to learn to play. How lucky can a girl get? A piano falls into my lap, and I can begin the process of crossing a lifelong dream off my list.....Yay.

No comments: