Thursday, June 5, 2008

High Chairs

What is it, exactly, that makes sitting on a tall stool such an adventure? Could it be the dangling foot action? The chance to imagine you are bigger? Maybe the thrilling danger of a possible tip-over? Personally, I'm a feet-on-the-ground kind of person, but I guess I can see the draw.
Earlier this week, Chad hauled these out of the garage, and Clara and Trevor have been spending a bizarre amount of time at the counter ever since. Sometimes they draw or eat a snack, but most times they just sit and chat (about the weather up there?). Sure, there is the odd argument about who gets to sit on which seat, but that one is easily settled by my threat of removing both seats *insert evil heckle*.

Watching the kids sit there today made me think about my Nana's kitchen, and how she had a tall chair with a step stool that flipped out from underneath. Nana would use it to get things out of the top cupboards, and my brothers and I would just climb it for the sake of climbing.
As is often the case, thinking got me to ebaying, and now I am on the lookout for a chair/stool thingy that will help me to relive my childhood. If I find one, I'll share it with the kids, but I get the first turn.

I am also trying to find an old phone that rings like a phone should ring, but I'll save that story for another time....

No comments: